“Those who have a strong sense of . . . belonging have the courage to be imperfect.”
― Brené Brown
Check us out! We meet on the third Wednesday of the month, at 7pm. Visitors are welcome at any meeting or during Open Shop hours (see the schedule on the HOME page). As listed below, there are several levels of membership with different benefits. If you have any questions about joining, we invite you to come to a meeting, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Membership Desk is in the Guild Lobby.
Overview: Membership in the Guild can begin at any time during the year, but all memberships end on December 31st. Fees are reduced after August 1st. Members can renew for the following year before the December deadline, and there is a $5.00 discount if you renew between December 1st and January 31st. Members who wait to renew after the deadline, but before midnight March 31st, do not have to retake the safety test or orientation. However, if they allow their membership to lapse beyond March 31st, they must retake both.
Before joining the Guild you are strongly encouraged to review the ABOUT US section of the website, particularly the Safety Requirements page and to read the Things You Didn’t Know When You Joined document in this section of the website.
Already a Member? Please don’t forget to fill out our Member Profile questionnaire located in the Members Only Area.
Links for This Page:
- Purchase Discounts (Usually 10% from Participating KCWG Sponsors)
- Exchange of Knowledge
- Free access to the Guild’s Video & Print Library
- Lectures and/or Demonstrations from Master Woodworkers
- Mentoring Program
- Monthly Newsletter
- Tool Reviews
- Safety Programs
- Community Service Programs
- Annual Auction
*After completion of safety requirements and acquiring your Green Card
**On Guild Activities (trips, seminars, training, & workshops) and Guild merchandise
++Full-time high school or college student. The minimum age to be a member is 14, but the minimum age to use the Shop is 18.
Memberships are for the calendar year and expire at midnight December 31, 2017.
- After August 1, dues are discounted for the remainder of the year (40% discount).
- From December 1 – 31, dues are full price for new members – Includes the remainder of December and the following calendar year.
Adjustment for Joint Guild/Woodturners Membership
- When you join both organizations at once, your Guild dues are reduced by $5. The annual addition for the Turners is $55 and the After August addition is $25. That makes the annual Guild/Turner bump $50 over the base Guild fee and the After August Guild/Turner bump $20 over the base Guild fee.
- KCWG Members renewing their membership between December 1 and Jan 31 receive a $5 discount on their membership dues. Current members click HERE to advance to the MEMBERS ONLY page.
PAYMENT NOTE: The Kansas City Woodworkers’ Guild is not set up to accept straight credit card payments over the web. Payments must be made through PayPal or by check made out to “KCWG” and mailed or brought to the Guild shop at 3189 Mercier St, Kansas City, MO 64111.
If you have a business and would like to promote your business within the Guild, on our website and within our newsletter then sign up as a Sponsor. By becoming a Sponsor you will have access to hundreds of active woodworkers locally and thousands nationally (both hobbyists & professionals) on a monthly basis. Sponsors are encouraged to attend our monthly meetings and share information about their products and services. Your company’s logo and link are listed on the Guild’s website, posted on the walls of our shop, and published in our monthly newsletter that is emailed to 3000 KCWG Members and Friends of the Guild. Includes one membership. For information: Sponsorship@kcwoodworkersguild.org
Includes all Regular Membership Benefits, and open shop privileges (when Safety Certified with a Green Tag).